Subject: [Leica] WTB 50 summilux
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 13:22:39 -0400

i am growing more interested in a 50 summilux for my m3-1/2,
as a compromise of small size with speed.

according to sartorius, there are 3 versions, I. 56-61 (E43)
II. 62-94 (E43, chrome discontinued in 68) and
III. 95-present (E46, built-in hood, focuses
to 0.7m).  most of the literature i've seen indicate that
each generation contained slight improvements over the previous
ones, but that the basic formulation is similar.

i'd guess that version II at some point became multicoated.

i am partial to chrome on my m3, but otherwise should any particular
version stand out as a good choice?

thanks,

- -rei

- --