Subject: Re: [Leica] Computer question
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 23:24:29 -0700

Oh baloney. My G4 still supports OS 9, and most old G3s can run OS X.
Granted my G5 won't boot OS 9, but it still runs it in classic mode.
How many four year old PCs could run WIndows XP when it came out? There
were computers less than a year old that couldn't run it. My parents
were marooned on Windows 98 with a custom-built computer that was
bought AFTER Windows XP was released and it couldn't run the new OS.
They finally deep-sixed the PC and listened to me. And are very glad
they did.

On Wednesday, September 3, 2003, at 08:45  AM, Afterswift@aol.com wrote:

> It seems that MS supports OS's for about 6 years. That's a lot better
> than
> Apple's
> track record.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is
proof
against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man [person] in
everlasting ignorance – that principle is contempt prior to
investigation."
- --Herbert Spencer