Subject: [Leica] Re: Metric system
From: LRZeitlin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 12:41:15 EDT

In a message dated 9/3/03 10:15:18 AM, ab writes:

<< I'm SO longing for the metric system...sigh...I'm still baffled that the

early US created metric money and didn't go the whole way. I suppose even back

then the financial/trade interests had sway.

Actually the metric system IS the official system in the US. Feet, yards,
miles, pounds, etc. are specified in terms of their metric equivalents. It's just
that the metric system was never made manditory for all trade. But that's not
unusual. Try to buy half a kilo of beer in London.

Larry Z