Subject: [Leica] Re: Photogrpahic abstraction - The Wild Card
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 00:01:01 EDT

In a message dated 9/2/03 7:50:48 PM, tim@KairosPhoto.com writes:

<< And as for black and white - you chose to remove one of
the most fundamental characteristics of all objects; their colour) Every
photograph is always, by it's very nature, an abstraction. >>

You must always ask yourself this question: What can I not remove? There is
always a wild card in the image deck. You can make gross selections, but some
detail will always get past you. Something will always be in the background.
Another element will lurk near the subject's left ear. If you get too close, you
will lose an element you need. After a while you'll realize that photography
is using you. And that's the way it should be. I came to terms with the nature
of photography many years ago.

br