Subject: Re: [Leica] New photos/Arbus
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 22:28:10 -0400

John Collier wrote:
> I find Arbus's work powerfully expressive and challenging. I do not find
> it exploitive. I do not see the odd in others but reflections of the odd
> in myself. Perhaps you detractors are just too well adjusted?

I'm completely with John on this. I think that that the deceptively
simple nature of Arbus's pictures technically gives rise to the contrary
notions that have been expressed here.

They are certainly not simple intellectually. Nor are they simple to
make. If you think so, go out and try to duplicate that style of work.

Many have tried and many have failed miserably.

Rolfe

- --
Rolfe Tessem      |     Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.
rolfe@ldp.com     |     96 Morton Street
(212) 463-0029    |     New York, Ny 10014