Subject: Re: [Leica] PJ standards -- Like Caesar's wife
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 22:07:39 EDT

s.dimitrov@charter.net writes:

> I don't know of any other time in history that the demotic experience has
>  been allowed to run so rampant.
>  Slobodan Dimitrov
- ----------------------------------
Our money buys us a democratic system. How the system really works is another
matter. The first thing you learn in pol sci is that an elite class usually
runs a national state. In our case it's the corporations. If that elite is
creative and has a sense of obligation to the society, everyone benefits. If that
elite is corrupt and drains the society of its talent and natural resources,
it and the society isn't long for this world. The USSR is a recent classic
example of this bankruptcy of leadership and an elite that couldn't grasp that
ideology is poison. What works for the majority is the best ideology. Bill
Clinton was a pragmatist and cajoled the corporations into pulling their horns. Give
that man an engraved Leica.

br