Subject: [Leica] End of Leica M
From: LRZeitlin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 19:50:48 EDT

br writes:

<<How the M is marketed has nothing to do with the reasons pros buy it and
use

it. Those pros I met use the M as their primary money camera, when a quality

image is the bottom line.>>

Just because I said that the Leica M is at the end of its development cycle,
doesn't meant that it is no longer an excellent photographic instrument. It
just means that we are unlikely to see many innovations or improvements in the M
design. It is, after all, nearly five decades old and represents mid
twentieth century mechanical and optical engineering. But being a mature technology is
not bad. Violins reached the end of their development cycle in the 18th
century yet can still play beautiful music.

But we are unlikely to see a digital M. The best we can hope for is a digital
camera that can use M lenses.

Larry Z