Subject: RE: [Leica] PJ standards -- Like Caesar's wife
From: "Steve Unsworth" <mail@steveunsworth.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 19:07:20 +0100

I would imagine that a news organisation would need the media to be
available online for all sorts of reasons. A RAID system will handle any
mechanical problems that there might be with individual hard drives.

4.7 Gig is not that much. I've been scanning some 6x9 slides from my recent
trip to France. Scanned at 2400 dpi on my flatbed and saved as compressed 24
bit RGB Tiffs they are approx. 55 to 65 mByte _each_ - and that's before
I've started playing with layers etc. in Photoshop. A newspaper probably
isn't going to have files of that size, but they must have pretty large
numbers of smaller files that would fill a DVD pretty quickly.

Regards

Steve