Subject: [Leica] Re: Digital Leica M
From: JCB <jcb@visualimpressions.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 09:00:54 -0700

At 10:08 AM 9/1/2003 -0400, LRZeitlin@aol.com wrote:

>Let's face it. The Leica M is at the end of its development as a useful
>photographic instrument. It is being marketed as a piece of prestige
>photographic
>jewelry. Leica is speaking with a forked tongue.
>
>Larry Z
>--

Bologna Larry!

Try to envision the R8/9 digital back mounted on an M camera.

What I'm saying is that there is no room in, on, or around an M camera for
the massive amount of electronics that is necessary, including media of
some sort, to support a digital sensor. The back bump would be so big, you
couldn't get your eye up to the viewfinder. And you have to synchronize the
digital back with the mechanical part of the camera. The R8/9 planned ahead
and put electronics in the camera to do this.

A digital M would be a nightmare!

The M as a very useful, professional, film camera, and is used in ways that
make digital cameras totally useless.

For a start:

Look at Ted's books and work.

And Sandy Carter's work and upcoming book.

Look at Tina's available darkness photographs.

Get the picture?

JB

Replies: Reply from JCB <jcb@visualimpressions.com> ([Leica] Re: Digital Leica M)
Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (RE: [Leica] Re: Digital Leica M)