Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: National Geographic scandal
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:31:20 EDT

In a message dated 8/31/03 12:29:00 PM, jcb@visualimpressions.com writes:

<< You cannot dive to the Titanic, dig up King Tut, chart the ocean currents,
dive under the ice, travel through space with the Hubble, etc, etc, etc...
unless you are a bazillionair and can live two lifetimes.

Having a TV is indeed worthwhile. >>

Books and good college courses were supposed to fill us in on what happened
to and in the world. That's all in the past and serves a minority nowadays.
Besides we always need refreshers to keep us up to date.
And it's impossible to attend every great concert in a single lifetime. So
there is TV and Radio, CDs, DVDs and the Net are coming on strong with audio and
video to take up the slack. The problem is to get all that good stuff without
having to waste time and patience waiting through commercials.  We've got to
establish institutions that can do that for us despite a corpcrat controlled
state and congress. So, let's get into politics and vote for democrats with a
small d and shell out for public venue TV and radio and Net sites.

br