Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo scandal at National Geographic!!!
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 10:31:53 -0700

What they've always had to take. You put the photographer on the stand
and have them testify what the focal length of the lens was and whether
the photograph accurately depicts (to the limits photography is capable
of for you nit-pickers) the scene.

You can fake negatives, you can fake prints, you can fake anything you
want. It's always been required that the photographer be able to
testify if needed to validity of the photographs.

On Sunday, August 31, 2003, at 02:29  AM, tripspud wrote:

>       I was wondering about that, like police photographs of crime
> scenes, wondering if the police departments on the planet had
> gone digital, and what safeguards they need to take.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is still
putting on its shoes."
- -- Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)