Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo scandal at National Geographic!!!
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 10:17:10 -0700

Steve LeHuray said:

> ....actually that might not be far fetched. 30+ years ago when I was on a
> jet every weekend around the US to photograph pro motorcycle races, there
> was a young freelance photographer travelling the race circuit with his
full
> size Buick who did have a darkroom in the trunk of his car.<<<<

Hi Steve,
During the 1979 federal election in Canada one of the CP (Canadian Press)
photogs, as soon as we boarded the press plane, loaded his film tank reels
in a small changing bag, take them and plastic bottles with chemicals to the
plane's washroom, pour in the chemicals and soup his film while we flew to
the next stop rally.

As soon as there was a break in the political performing seals act, he'd
load his newly processed negs and transmit to the wire service network
before we re-boarded and flew on.
ted