Subject: RE: [Leica] Photo scandal at National Geographic!!!
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 17:23:51 -0400

Certainly it's true that there were fakes long before digital - but it
is utterly inarguable that digital technology makes photo faking far
easier, bringing it within the reach of virtually any putz with
Photoshop. It's interesting to note that one of the - expensive -
accessories listed for the Canon1D on the B&H site is, or at least was,
something -software I assume- that in theory makes it apparent if there
has been any alteration what-so-ever in the image as captured by the
camera. Of course I assume that there was a hack for this as soon as it
was announced. ;-)

B. D.