Subject: Re: [Leica] minilux zoom
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 14:53:21 -0400

that's one of the very nice things about the contax T3 is that
many of the settings have persistence (such as exposure compensation)
and that you can customize the configuration to your style of shooting.
for once, the software is of an auto-everything camera is well-thought out.
i set my t3 to noflash off and prefocus to minimize lag.  it also
focuses continuously down to 13 inches.

the T3 is the system camera among its peers: it can take filters,
a lens shade, and accessory flash.  you can use it without compromising
your photographic instincts.

it makes for a swell "carry-everywhere" camera, and that's from someone
whose other carry-everywhere is an m3 with collapsible summicron.

- -rei

On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 07:25:10PM +0200, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> My own view is that the Minilux (and Minilux zoom) have nice lenses but are
> too automated and suffer from serious ergonomic design flaws--for example,
> on the Minilux you have to press a tiny button 7 times to turn off the
> automatic flash.
>
> If you are thinking of the Minilux as a pocket, "carry-everywhere" camera,
> then I think there are better choices.
>
> Nathan
>
> jharper@ccgmail.com wrote:
>
> > I am considering the minilux zoom.  Any feedback would be appreciated!

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com
Ridgewood, New Jersey

Message from Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] minilux zoom)