Subject: Re: [Leica] National Geographic scandal
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 09:14:26 -0700

> Their problem is they think TV is more important than print, and don't
> want to spend as much money on print as they used to. The very people
> who made them what they were are getting short-shrift because
> bean-counters are counting the wrong beans. You can bet every person in
> that building working in the print division of National Geographic has
> to justify their existence, unlike the folks over in the "golden boy"
> TV division.

Unfortunately the television is awful. This summer they ran a program in the
squids of the Sea of Cortez (Gulf of California). There were some great squid
photos - but the narrative, and any real sense of science, was lost.

I was ANGRY and felt betrayed.

I should have known better. They are trying to cross nature documentaries and
reality television. They have succeeded.

Sigh (heavy, one each)

Adam Bridge