Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo scandal at National Geographic!!!
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:26:11 -0700

What possible connection could there be between Peter Arnett and
National Geographic? Even if he was freelancing for them, that does not
give him the right to speak for them.

A bigger scandal at National Geographic that never seems to be
mentioned here is that they ripped off scores of photographers with
their CDs and DVDs of their magazines. Where's the call for boycotts?
One of our very own former LUG users has a significant claim against
them. Fred Ward with 870 images they have refused to pay for. NOT the
editors or staff, but the people at the very top who made the decision
to save a buck, and alienate the very people who made them what they
are.

On Thursday, August 28, 2003, at 04:55  AM, Don R. wrote:

> National Geographic is having its share of problems starting with Peter
> (Baghdad) Arnett and then the fake bird gracing the cover.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

"There exists a limit to the force even the most powerful may apply
without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry
of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a
tool of vengeance, never a hostage, nor a mortification against the
martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape
the consequences."
- --  Frank Herbert