Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux
From: Feli di Giorgio <feli2@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 23:23:13 -0700

On Wednesday, Aug 27, 2003, at 22:57 US/Pacific, Craig Semetko wrote:

> Yeah, it's a little weird--I just got a Noctilux last week. Loving it
> so far...
>
> Craig

Same here. It's great. Last Sunday I went over to my parents place for
dinner and showed my dad some night shots I had taken. He rarely gets
excited about "gear" and doesn't know a Leica from a Canon (although he
does have a soft spot for my Rolleiflex 2.8F), but he really was
impressed with the look of the shallow DOF of the Noct at f1. He also
claimed that it was the first time he had ever seen a night photograph
that looked "real". He kept commenting on the clarity of light sources
(lack of halo) and clean, subtle gradations of even the very delicate
shadow areas. Pretty astute examination of a photograph, for someone
who has no technical or in depth knowledge of these things, but then
again he is an artist by trade.
;-)

feli

PS: I shot a mixture of APX100 in D76 and Ilford Delta 3200 @ 1600 in