Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica Cassettes and the New MP
From: Dan C <leicaman@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:37:55 -0400

My Wetzlar era M6 works with my Leica Cassette, but my Solms built M6HM
classic will not.

dan c.

At 05:38 PM 26-08-03 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone have a classic M6 and use Leica cassettes.  I'm curious if the
base plate design is the same as the M4-2, with the hook protruding down.
I've seen photos of classic M6's with base plates that look as though they
will open the cassettes but without the hook.

>Chris Saganich
>http://www.saganich.com
>http://www.leica-gallery.net/m2photos/index.html

prevents the Leica Cassette insertion, but that's no problem, the
>baseplate doesn't work them anyway.
>
>"Saganich, Christopher/Medical Physics" wrote:
>
>> Just for every ones information, the new MP's can't accept the Leica
cassettes, the diameter of the chamber is too small.  This makes me sad.