Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikon 4000 roll film adaptor hints
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 17:13:20 -0400

At 01:26 PM 8/23/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>I know that Tina, amongst others, has used the Nikon roll film adapter for the
>4000.
>
>Any hints anyone would like to share about working with this unit?
>
>I'd much rather pick up on someone else's experience.
>
>Leica relevance: all the film is shot with an M6 or R8.
>
>Adam

Adam -

It works great and exactly as advertised.  It quickly sucks up the whole
roll of film and then you use a preview of the first frame to set how you
want to scan the whole roll.  I scan the whole roll as small jpegs and use
it to edit and decide what to mount and scan at highest resolution.  The
only caution I would have is to hang a bag off the front of the unit
because as it spits the film back out, it will end up on the floor if you
don't arrange for something to catch it.  I use a cloth Leica bag ;-)  .

Hope this helps.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com