Subject: Re: [Leica] What a prosumer camera is
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 16:12:21 EDT

In a message dated 8/23/03 12:49:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mark@rabinergroup.com writes:

> A prosumer piece of photo gear has so many ridiculous features
>  that a Pro would sumer be caught dead than be caught dead with one. If
>  you catch my drift.
>  (He'd be alive then?)
There's a difference between 'prosumer' and 'proam' equipment. When Leica,
Nikon, Canon come out with a digital 35 with just a few buttons for basics,
that's a 'proam.' (Professional-advanced amateur); you can make up your own term.
I arbitrarily call that type of camera a proam. It will be very light on bells
and whitles but heavy on image quality, battery life and endurance.

br