Subject: Re: [Leica] Hermes M7-- Is it real?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 10:05:31 -0700

David M. dorn showed:

Hi David,
Thanks for re-posting the Herpes Leica camera site as I hadn't seen the new
beasty folks are twittering about. ;-)

As the image flashed on the screen I near had a cardiac arrest from the
sheer excitement of it!!!! Oh my God and if only I had three like that for
the past 50 years why I'd have left a photographic legacy the likes the
world has never seen!

I mean after all, lets get real here. Using one of these cameras with it's
"Oh so smooth touch" would've increased my erotic fantasies there's no
question my photographs would've had much greater feeling .;-)

The dead and down trodden would've arisen as the images were recorded on
film, the blossoms of spring more brilliant, brides more beautiful,
politicians like they weren't lying, babies happier and without question,
life rosier! :-)

However the pity of it is, I had to use those plain old black Leica's and
the world has suffered such a great loss by me not having such fine looking
cameras which we all know without question, with it's fine leather coverage
and twinky look, will produce the most magnificent pictures the world has
ever seen.

On the other hand in this crazy world of ours there are people with more
money than brains who collect things just for the sake of being able to do
it. Good for them, that's life and no matter what is said pro or con it
ain't going to change anything.

So guys and gals lets take our "normal everyday" picture taking machines get
out there and have some fun shooting film or digi-cam images. Have a great
weekend. :-)
ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant