Subject: Re: [Leica] FS: Leica 75mm F1.4 M lens.
From: Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 06:53:16 +0200

Ian,

Just curious--why the VAT? There is no VAT on private sales between
individuals. And even if you are a dealer, the VAT seems high on a used item
(mint as it may be). When I lived in Switzerland (i.e. outside the EU) and I
bought a used item from a dealer within the EU, the VAT refund usually amounted
to only 5% or so, because on used items dealers only charge VAT on their
margin, not on the full price.

Nathan