Subject: [Leica] Re: Hermes M7-- Is it real?
From: David Young <dnr@horizon.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:24:56 -0700

At 8/22/2003, you wrote:

>my Leica sales rep today smilingly asked me if I was interested in this
>"MP Hermes with 35 f2 lens" for an astronomical figure. I asked him if it
>came in natural alligator.... I think it may be for real...Steve

Don't knock if, if it is real.  After all, the margins at those prices will
do wonders for Leica's bottom line... and that, in turn, will do wonders
for their ability to survive and produce the MP-II and M8, not to mention
the R10d!

Hey! I don't want to spend that kind of money (even if I could!) but if
somebody who can,  and wants to... why not let 'em?  After all, it is
*real* pretty!

Just remember P.T. Barnum's dictum....

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Website at: www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr

Replies: Reply from Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Re: Hermes M7-- Is it real?)