Subject: Re: [Leica] digitalrebel
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:24:36 EDT

In a message dated 8/22/03 11:05:55 AM, steve@streetphoto.net writes:

<<  OK, a new M7 costs about $2700. Is it worth it? Probably not. But
apparently it is to many who are buying them.  >>

This may be a peripheral comment, but, frankly, if I had a few grand to play
around with I'd buy an M6.
I understand that the M7 leaves us with only two shutter speeds should the
batteries fail. I don't understand why Leica didn't adopt the technology of the
new Nikon FM, that has both full sets of mechanical and electronic shutter
speeds. So if the batteries fail in the FM, a full range of shutter speeds can be
selected mechanically.
Anyway, that's how I understand the FM's features. But I may be wrong, since
I haven't read the specs on the FM for a few years.

br

Replies: Reply from Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com> (Re: [Leica] digitalrebel)