Subject: Re: [Leica] digitalrebel
From: Steve LeHuray <steve@streetphoto.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 14:55:48 -0400

B.D.Colen sings the same old song:

> Again, if you're happy with film and your Rs, great - just as I am happy
> with my Ms and film for most of my serious work. But our preferring film
> for some or all our work doesn't negate the truth about where digital is
> now, or about the fact that many of those blindly bashing the idea of
> going digital are using truly obsolete equipment that produces subpar
> results - in fact that produces image quality that can be bested by
> virtually any modern SLR using consumer lenses, or, for that matter, can
> be bested by a Bessa R using Cosina lenses costing less than $500. ;-)
>
> B. D.

B.D. -- you have been banging the same old drum for several years now.
Please explain what you have against those people who are happy with their
Leicas. OK, a new M7 costs about $2700. Is it worth it? Probably not. But
apparently it is to many who are buying them. A new Porsche 911 Carrera
costs about $80,000. Is it worth it? Apparently so, they cannot keep up with
the orders. Are digicams great and the wave of the future? Yes I think they
are. But so what? There are 10s of thousands of people who love their Leicas
and really do not need you making them feel about about liking something. So
now on your 57th (Happy Birthday BTW), how about you moving on to some other
crusade that is more meaningful to you and something more important than
your constant and meaningless Leica bashing.

Best regards,

sl