Subject: [Leica] Solution to (was) Strange beasties in the LUG
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:27:08 +0200

This morning's news on BBC included an item about a computer virus
creating a lot of email using your and everybody else's email address
list, but doing no harm to your computer.  You may not even notice it
is on your computer. The large volume of email has caused severe
delays for regular email messages. One of my messages to the LUG did
not appears, so I resent it six hours later. The resent message
appeared almost immediately, but the original took another 24 hours
to arrive.

Does anybody know why these viruses seem to die away after some time?

Chris