Subject: Re: [Leica] digitalrebel
From: Allen Graves <ahgraves@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 22:34:35 -0500

I understand the money-saving allure of digital(no film or
processing, just memory cards, ink, new printers,new computers and
software,,,) and it certainly DOES make sense for a pro using
hundreds or thousands of rolls of film a year.

the confusing part for me is the way that serious amateurs, who would
have balked at the price of a Leica and 3 lenses or a new Hasselblad
system just a few years ago will rush out, change to an new system
(?Brand C) for 50% more money- all for a camera that may be as
"stale" as last week's toast in 2-3 years.

I don't deny the utility, quality, or ease of digital- I just feel
like Moose Peterson and his exclamation point-studded magazine
reviews has taken over a previously sane world.

Allen