Subject: RE: [Leica] Finally acquired a digital camera. Results posted.
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:02:12 -0400

Hi Rob,

Good to hear from you.  Great photos as always,
Leica or not.

When using my digital camera in bright sun light (beach,
ski slopes, etc.) I sometimes find myself going one
stop under depending on the situation (for my camera,
of course).

At the other extreme situation where low light prevails,
I prefer to use the Leica M, where superb fast lenses,
bright viewfinder, and ease of shooting at lower speed
carry the night for me.  However, I think that advances
in sensor technology will one day improve performance at
high ISO so much that I may have to rethink that strategy.

Considreing the style of your photos shown here, I agree that
the lack of sharpness is hardly a detriment.

And the gorgeous photos once again prove that it's not the tool
but the photographer that makes the image.  Thank you for
sharing your experience.

- - Phong