Subject: Re: [Leica] god help me...but God isn't available right now, Jack
From: Johnny Deadman <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:58:47 -0400

Well as you know opinions vary enormously about this lens. Mine was a
COMPLETE dog - one of the worst pro-level lenses I have ever owned -
and I sold it for a substantial loss. I would NOT buy this lens without
shooting a roll through it, particularly wide open and particularly
into the light. Mine was abysmal.

On Wednesday, August 20, 2003, at 08:40  PM, Jack McLain wrote:

>> From what I gather from two other responders, and other private
> correspondence, is that the "thin" tele-elmarit is a good place to
> start
> given that it is 1.) good glass, 2.) smallish relative to the other
> possibilities, and 3.) not a hyper-priced rarity.
- --
John Brownlow

pictures:
http://www.pinkheadedbug.com