Subject: [Leica] Re:Hot August Nite Photos...Focomat 1a coming today!
From: tripspud <tripspud@transbay.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 08:28:43 -0700

Hi!

     I've managed to proccess ten rolls of APX100/Rodinal 1:25 with
another twenty rolls to go.  I'm going to run out of Rodinal, but I've
got some PMK that I think I'll try.  I've not used PMK, or any
pryo before, so I may decide to mix up some D-23, as I'm used
to using that.  Maybe I'll use all three, just to check the difference
in developers.

      These are mostly shots of show cars.  The paint&chrome is
unusual and something that your average drive car lacks.  This
afternoon I'll pick up my Leitz Focomat 1a.  Along with the deal
is a 35mm contact frame, the kind were you slip the strips into the
grooves.  I use the PrintFile sleeves, but I don't want to make
contacts with the negs in the sleeves, as it will be unsharp.

      I'm a lousy street shooter, I need some kind of project
to get me motivated.  I shot the show with a Zorki 1/50mm/1.4
Nikkor and a Canon 1VSb/Canon 35mm/2 lens with Canon
Rapidwinder.  This was my first use of the rapidwinder and
it's permanently on the bottom of the Canon from now on.
The Nikkor is giving some good images closer-up, though
some of the guess focusing is a percentage game.

      If I had to do this for money, they'd want color and
as soon as money becomes involved, it's no fun.  All my
prints so far have been small, on 5x7 paper, but when the Focomat
arrives, I'll try my hand with the 11x14 paper and try to
get the Seal press operating.

Cheers,

Rich Lahrson
Berkeley, California