Subject: Re: [Leica] My kind of digital M camera - Ye Olde Time Macs
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 01:10:48 EDT

In a message dated 8/19/03 8:29:27 PM, four_season_photo@yahoo.com writes:

<< http://www.boulder.net/~4season/images/se30.jpg >>

Does that shot bring back memories.... I had an SE, first comp I ever owned.
System 6. It had the same scrapbook utility that I have on my G3 Blue. In
fact, I transferred the SE's scrapbook images to the G3's.
The SE had a splendid manual. I think the Plus and the SE were the first of
the GUI computers. It was also one of the rare unitary computers on the market
then. It has matured into the purring 17" iMac, which covers all bases and
will probably soon be available with a G5 processor. But we paid Steve Jobs very
well for his creativity. And still do. Even for his miserable peripherals,
like the plodding LS printer.

So much for nostalgia.

I still scan my favorite M3 prints, so I'm not tied to a digital camera even
tho I have one.

br

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] My kind of digital M camera - Ye Olde Time Macs)