Subject: RE: [Leica] Leitz Summitar Question
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:42:33 -0400

Karen,
Yes, that is a good price for a mint Summitar.  Ones like mines showing
"cleaning" marks on the front element go near what you paid to about
$100.

As to the lens, it is a very fine performer as others have noted.
Probably as sharp as modern glass but without the bite.  I believe the
Summicron is better in the field and not as good in the center.

Others have noted the need for a hood.  I pretty much use an IROOA but
have been known to use the 12585 as well.

Happy shutter tripping.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com