Subject: Re: [Leica] 32, 64, 128 or fight!
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 15:43:51 -0700

Yes, the coolness factor goes up. So does the stealth factor. I am able
to photograph many people who aren't aware at the time that I am
photographing them. From not many feet away. (Of course, it's always
polite to ask, but once they are aware they are being photographed, all
spontaneity goes out the window. So ask afterwards.)

On the other hand, I also feel empowered with the 70-180 2.8 APO, which
cold almost take the place of  a weight set. :-)

On Monday, August 18, 2003, at 11:02  PM, Afterswift@aol.com wrote:

> When I use a Leica M I feel empowered as a photographer. I can't
> explain that rationally. It's just a feeling.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

"If we had time for more meetings, we would have made more mistakes."
Leon Trotsky