Subject: Re: [Leica] What a prosumer camera is
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 23:33:44 -0700

>That is a pain in the butt. I don't believe in zone-focusing. Of
>course, I can do it, but I don't like compromises and thinking it's
>hunky-dory. These cameras just aren't a capable as real pro cameras.
>But they're wonderful for what they are.
>
>On Monday, August 18, 2003, at 06:00  PM, Bob Adler wrote:
>
>>I've never tried the G3, but the G5 shutter delay is
>>minimal after focus is obtained. There are several
>>ways to speed up the focus; the best is to put it on
>>manual and use aperture to zone focus.
>
>Eric Welch

You have to remember that when you're looking at a 50mm equivalent
field of view, you're at about 10mm focal length. Zone focussing
takes on a whole new meaning. Everything's _ALWAYS_ in focus. Focus
lock is a 'good thing' in these circumstances.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com