Subject: Re: [Leica] What a prosumer camera is
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 17:30:06 -0700

I have a G3, and there is no way they qualify as "pro cameras" except
in the sense that pros use them. The shutter delay along is enough to
disqualify they as pro cameras. Though on a shoot in our research lab
today the battery ran out on my D60 during the last thing to shoot, so
I whipped out my G3, put it on a massive bogen tripod and shot away. I
know the photos won't be as good as a real digital camera, but for this
particular use, it will do.

I bet the grandma who had been turned into a diamond won't care.

:-)

On Monday, August 18, 2003, at 02:23  PM, D Khong wrote:

> I just acquired a Canon G5 and this 5mgp camera is packed with so many
> features that makes my head spin.
>
> The 35mm-140mm optical zoom is more than what I need.
>
> It easily qualifies as a pro camera and yet is lightweight and compact.
- --
Eric

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by
little statesmen, philosophers, and divines. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Replies: Reply from "Red Dawn" <reddawn@singnet.com.sg> (Re: [Leica] What a prosumer camera is)