Subject: Re: [Leica] Fiber optics? I don't think so...
From: Johnny Deadman <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 14:08:07 -0400

I have a 1Ds and my wife has the 10D. The 1Ds is indeed a monster,
especially with that honking 28-70 on it, but if you have large hands
all the controls feel great, and the weatherproofing is terrific. The
10D does not feel flimsy, unless you compare it with the 1Ds. I would
not describe it as a pro camera in the traditional sense of the word...
although it has many of the same feature set, it does NOT have the
weatherproofing nor the mammoth batteries. It is a great camera for an
advanced amateur. It would also be an excellent backup camera for
someone with a 1Ds.