Subject: [Leica] Re: Polaroid & OT: North American Blackout
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 08:11:32 -0400

Joe Codispoti, wrote,  "The best Polaroid models were the 180 and 195. Both
had the Zeiss view-range
finder as well as German lenses and conventional shutters with speeds from
1sec to 1/500 if I remember correctly."
    "An outfit by the name of Four Square, somewhere in California modifies
older Pola cameras to take pack film."

    Well, the firm Joe is talking about is Four Designs, Inc.
(www.fourdesigns.com). They are now located in Ridgefield, Washington.
    They do excellent work.
    Many years ago, they modified Contax Preview cameras to accept Nikon 'F'
mount lenses, FYI- they couldn't do Canon.
    Well, he did do two cameras for me with a Leica R-mount. They aren't
automatic, but for Polaroid tests, they're fine.
    Lastly, I have a Polaroid 195 and it has a 114mm f/3.8 Tomiokon lens.
Whatever that is....
Happy Snaps,
Sal

Sal DiMarco, Jr.