Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: North American Blackout
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 13:25:53 EDT

In a message dated 8/16/03 11:36:39 AM, kargue@sympatico.ca writes:

<< Frank- My neighbourhood in St. Catharines, Ontario, 10 miles from the
Niagara Falls generating station never lost power. I watched the news
coverage on TV in central air while surfing the net. My little part of the
city remained with power. The only problems with the coverage was listening
to the Mayor of New York, Governor of New York, and the so called experts
all blaming it on Canada before any investigation. What was worse the next
morning on CNN (chicken noodle news) they interviewed to Canadians in Times
Square who were from Winnipeg. Or as Daryn Kagan said Winnipeg, Ontario. I
hate to tell her but Winnipeg is in Manitoba. Oh well at least the American
lack of knowledge on Canada is consistent.

Kevin Argue
St. Catharines, Canada >>

It might also be due to the anti-French sentiment in the US as well.  A
discussion to be carried further on the LUG forum.

Kim

Replies: Reply from frank theriault <knarf.theriault@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] OT: North American Blackout)