Subject: Re: [Leica] Inaccuracy of M6 Viewfinder Frames
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 11:25:25 EDT

In a message dated 8/17/03 2:34:50 AM, malland@xsmail.com writes:

<< Why has
Leica not been able to have its frame lines change in size to
accommodate the changing size of the field throughout the focusing
range?  Is it just a question of minimal R&D by a small company...or
are there technical reasons? >>

Mitch,

I recall that there was a rangefinder model that did have variable frames but
it's no longer on the market. Sometimes it's a better idea to keep the
engineering simple and stick to masks that are used in the Ms.
Frankly, I've never found the discrepency between actual area and viewer
defined area much of a problem.
And if you do your own enlarging, it's easy to crop out the extra territory
in any case.

br