Subject: Re: [Leica] Fiber optics? I don't think so...
From: Dennis Painter <dennis@hale-pohaku.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 16:12:28 -0700

There is a DSLR in that price range? Last I looked it would take about $2500
for a Canon and lens.

Sony? this new 828 now offers a RAW mode. Supports Compact Flash, including
Micro drives, in addition to Sony's Memory Stick. The lens is a Carl Zeiss
Vario-Sonnar T* 7X zoom, f/2.0 to f/2.8. Looks pretty serious to me. Sony is
addressing many areas of criticism of it's prior offerings.

Maybe Leica's next Digilux offering will have a RAW mode and support Compact
Flash.

Dennis