Subject: Re: [Leica] No digital comments?
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 20:27:16 +0200 (MEST)

> Technology changes. The nature of light and optics and chemistry don't.
> Digital is an unprecedented means for the mass distribution of images. Essentially,
> it's the plane, not the mail nor the destination.

I'm not real sure about that. For me, yes, no doubt about it, but I've
seen some very good stuff by Norwegian, mainly, and even Swedish students
that is digital through and through. Yes, they work with light, but they
have no idea about chemistry. I couldn't do it and don't even really want
to, but I can see that they've got something going for them that can be
very productive in the long run. A generation thing, maybe like moving
from large/medium format to 35mm once upon a time.

Daniel