Subject: RE: [Leica] does this remind anyone of anything?
From: "Wesson, Leo W" <LWWesson@pier1.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 22:09:32 -0500

Jerry,

I didn't shoot the image, David Gibson did.  It's from the in-public.com website, which has, I think, some really nice images on it.  I spent about an hour looking at the various portfolios and thinking about the relationships between happenstance, circumstance, a sharp eye, being ready, having a sense of humor and how all of that relates to what is known as "street photography".  Some of the work amazes me.  I find myself thinking, how the heck did they do that; how the heck did they happen to be there at that time when those events were occuring in that light?  (and they had the right lens on the camera that was actually loaded and set for the correct exposure and focused!) I also get that feeling from a lot of the work from this group.. Graham's image is one that reminded me, strictly from a subject matter point of view,  of  Gibson's  image.  I like both images; I do prefer Graham's image; it has more linear tension and better use of the frame's space;(plus it's in color, just kidding) (but it's digital; just kidding) it works better for me.  It makes me laugh harder.

thanks

Leo