Subject: Re: [Leica] Fiber optics? I don't think so...
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 20:08:28 -0700

Boy, I'll say. When I saw it this morning, all I could think was,
"consumer 10MP cameras by Photokina 2004. Leica better be a bit more
flexible on the size of their chip than they seem to be implying they
are, or be willing to drop the price.

Reminds me of Bill Gates' statement: "64K should be all the RAM anyone
needs." Or the IBM chairman who said "I think the worldwide market for
computers should be about five."

Nobody knows the future, but that's ridiculous!

On Friday, August 15, 2003, at 07:20  PM, Jerry Lehrer wrote:

> Wouldn't that new Sony (not SONNY) camera sort of knock Leica's
> one year from now, maybe, R8/ 9 conversion back, into the proverbial
> cocked hat?

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

Always drink upstream from the herd. - Will Rogers