Subject: [Leica] R equipment for sale
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 17:53:30 -0700

Okay, guys, the time has arrived. I have to liquidate my Leica R
collection. There are several reasons for this. It's not that I don't
love my Leicas. But I just don't use them enough now to justify the
money invested in them. I'm a photo editor now, and I shoot all digital
at work. And there's no way I'm subsidizing work by purchasing film!
Besides, digital being more accurate color-wise, I prefer digital for
shooting gemstones. But the main reason I'm selling is they just aren't
getting the use they deserve. I haven't broken down and decided to sell
my Leica M stuff. I'm going to try to avoid doing that.

Here's the list. Feel free to make offers: (All glass perfect)

Leica R8/winder/battery/charger - $1,000.00

(I'll even throw in a big Metz flash with TTL module for free with the
R8. It's only problem is the diffuser panel that goes over the fresnel
is broken, but works fine).

19mm 2.8 Elmarit - late version - not ROM. - $1,450.00

90 Summicron R - Not sure the vintage but pretty likely late 70s to
mid-80s. Very nice condition. - $425.00

Elpro 3 55mm to go on 90 Summicron or whatever. - $75.

180 Elmarit R 2.8 - latest pre-Apo version. Lens hood bent by fast
softball. Sherri Krauter went whole hog and replaced not only the hood
but the whole front end including the focusing ring. Works perfectly,
look and works like brand new. - $700.

70-180 2.8 Vario Apo Emarit R - ROM lens. The mother of all Zooms!
Amazing performance. The equal of the 100 Apo Macro Elmarit R at 100,
and the equal of all Leica's single focal length lenses in its range -
except maybe the 180 Apo Summicron. This one was my workhorse for two
years. So it shows some wear. But optics are perfect and mechanically
solid. Note: IT weighs a TON!!! - $2,400.00

Bellows R with 100mm f/4 dedicated macro lens. Mint!!!! Absolutely
beautiful, solid as a brick. $400.00.

Contact me via email at:

ericwelchNOSPAM@mac.com
ericNOSPAM@jphotog.com
ewelchNOSPAM@gia.edu

NOTE! (Take NOSPAM) out of the email address.

Eric
Carlsbad, CA

http://www.jphotog.com

"Clichés are like analogies. At the end of the day, you're just beating
a dead horse"