Subject: Re: [Leica] No digital comments?
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:12:00 EDT

In a message dated 8/15/03 12:54:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
evegir@reachone.com writes:

> Have to jump in here with regard to Capa's work.  (and with all due respect
>  to Doug) Though we remember Capa as a war photographer, his work was not
>  that shallow or limited. A trip to the Magnum site and a click on a couple
>  of the books there about Capa will yield about a thousand Capa images.
(The
>  site seems to still be a power-out casualty)  There's a lot more than a
>  common street-shooter at work!
There's an excellent review of a book on Capa in this month's New Republic,
available in any library. Oddly enough, because of Magnum's propietary policy,
there are no photos by Capa in the book. There was a wild side to Capa, but
underlying it was the sensibility of an artist. He had a remarkable rapport with
people.

br