Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: The new 8 mp Leica
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 14:25:59 EDT

In a message dated 8/15/03 11:08:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu writes:

> The sticker price is, well, appropriately high. I believe the street
>  price was $14,000, figure a street price of a little more than half that
>  plus expensive lenses.... Ouch!
$14K doesn't work for me. Methinks the Canon 10D is a much better buy. And if
Nikon comes out with the next model of the D100, I'm interested because I
have many fine Nikkors.

As for Leica Solms, I'm curious to see what the Digilux II looks like. But it
will have to go some to complement the Oly 5050. I'm looking for a manually
operated lens on the Digilux II, both for zooming and f-stops. In short, it
would be a different type of compact digital -- for Leica people.

br