Subject: Re: [Leica] No digital comments?
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 08:34:15 -0700 (PDT)

bdcolen <bdcolen@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Cites - Doug - Not cities.;-)

What do you mean by Cites?  Sites?

OK, but the point is that to get the most appropriate feedback for posted photos they should be posted to the most appropriate list or site - and to get the most from any list the list ought to stay close to the topic.

If I want to see street photography regardless of camera brand I'll read a street photography list.  Same for wildlife photography, or any number of other types of photography.  If I want to figure out how to trick my Nikon FG into doing something it wasn't designed to do I'll read the Nikon MF list.

IMHO an equipment-oriented list such as this one is for discussing how to get the most out of the topical equipment, for discussing its strengths and weaknesses, for discussing those circumstances where it may not be the best choice, including occasional illustrations / posted photos made with other equipment.  OTOH interminable discussions comparing Coolpix vs. Canon G3 vs. the Oly digital-du-jour ought to be taken elsewhere.  Photos made with off-topic equipment are a waste of bandwith unless they are related somehow to Leica use.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] No digital comments?)