Subject: [Leica] My binder of negatives
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 18:29:19 -0400

>But you will miss that binder of negatives that you can review at a single
glance sitting by the fireside.

We must have completely different experiences viewing binders full of
negatives. For me it's a huge hassle of, try and hold page to light, hold
book sideways, open binder, remove page, squint, try and imagine negatives
as positives. Write down again on "todo" list "find some jerk photo student
to make 800 contact prints for me, cheap", finally pull strip of negatives
out and lay on table. Swear I will print negative. Two weeks later, it's
still there. Don't feel like getting out chemicals for only one print.
Finally, take negative to photomat on way to work. Pick up print at end of
day. Discover not only is image out of focus, but there is big scratch in
it. Try and remember which binder negative belonged in....

Kc

Replies: Reply from Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> (Re: [Leica] My binder of negatives)