Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: No digital comments?
From: "Chandos Michael Brown" <cmbrow@wm.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:46:00 -0400

I respectfully disagree, BD.  The list will not "whither and eventually
die"; rather, it will become another sort of list, at which point one
may opt to stay or leave.  I suppose that I mildly object to the
proliferation of posted images that are only remotely linked to Leica
photography as we conventionally understand it.  There're times when the
LUG comes to resemble the proverbially nightmarish evening at the
neighbors' "let me show you the slides of my vacation" that is so much
the object of satire in the popular culture.

How many of us produce such a quantity of superior images that we can
comfortably post daily, for instance?

I know how to use the delete button, but I've always enjoyed the LUG
precisely because I seldom have to use it, which is becoming a
depressingly frequent occurrence.

Chandos