Subject: [Leica] M-Classics has M - Wrist straps!! and a revised bag!
From: "caliguri@rcn.com" <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:19:48 -0400

Hi Folks-

Just a note to say that I JUST got the first M-Classics (Seth Levine's
company near Boston, at www.mclassics.com, but you all know that!)
replica of the "Leica M wrist strap" that everyone wanted - soon as
Leica dropped it a year or so ago. First, it is a VERY faithful
reproduction - the 'knuckle' pad is beautifully stitched as the Leica one
(I have them side by side). The strap material looks the same, as does
the delrin plastic buckle. Seth's is easier to adjust. The only big
difference is the camera lug attachment; while Leica uses their
traditional plastic cover that slips over the open top of their elongated
'D' ring, Seth supplies two things - both a 'regulation' stainless steel
ring, or a bit thicker 'D' ring, nothing fancy. Choose one and attach it to
the THICK delrin triangle on the wrist strap, attach one to your camera,
pull down the plastic rectangle on the strap to the ring, and it's on :-)
Of
course, if you wish, you can substitute a Leica attachment ring/plastic
top from an old Leica strap you may have. I will ask Seth if he can
supply those. But the D ring is GREAT, won't rub the camera in any
weird way, and is very, very secure.

I also got a 'revised' M-Classics bag! Now there is a leather bottom
that's a bit padded, along with a bit of padding in the front pockets. NOT
too much! Recall it's a retro design JUST like the old canvas Leica bag,
but now even better! I still think this is THE bag to put in your suitcase
and use at your destination, if not just always around town. It's not
meant to be padded - it's a minimalist's working bag, as Leica
intended in the first place ;-) Seth away until Monday , and I owe him his
pay, so I don't know what they'll cost - but he's cool ...contact him
through his website!

Enjoy,
Ed

http://mail2web.com/ .